The IOP is delighted to announce that it has renewed its reciprocal membership agreements with the following organisations.
Members of the British Institute of Radiology, the Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine, the Nuclear Institute, the Royal Astronomical Society and the Royal Meteorological Society may reduce their IOP membership subscription rate by 25% on the full annual rate of each membership category (conditions apply, see below). Please indicate BIR, IPEM, NI, RAS or RMetS and your institution membership number with your payment.
The British Institute of Radiology (BIR)
The British Institute of Radiology (BIR) is a multidisciplinary membership organisation connecting professionals within imaging and radiation oncology.
IOP members can claim a 25% discount on their first year of BIR membership. Thereafter, the fee will revert to the standard rate. Simply include the discount code IoP167A when joining online.
The Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine (IPEM)
The Institute of Physics and Engineering in Medicine (IPEM) membership consists of more than 4,600 medical physicists, biomedical engineers and clinical technologists working in hospitals, academia and industry.
IOP members can join the IPEM at a discount of 25% on the standard rate of membership subscriptions for which they are eligible.
The Nuclear Institute (NI)
Professional membership of the Nuclear Institute (NI) provides a benchmark against which you can demonstrate that you have the competencies necessary to operate safely within the nuclear sector.
IOP members can join the NI at a 25% discount on the full annual rate for each membership category.
The Royal Astronomical Society (RAS)
The Royal Astronomical Society (RAS), founded in 1820, encourages and promotes the study of astronomy, solar-system science, geophysics and closely related branches of science. IOP members can join the RAS at a 25% discount on the full annual rate for new memberships.
The Royal Meteorological Society (RMetS)
The Royal Meteorological Society (RMetS) has a worldwide membership engaged in discussions about weather, climate change, air pollution, polar meteorology, oceanography and all other things meteorological.
IOP members can join the RMetS at a 25% discount on the full annual rate for new memberships in the Member category.
Please note the following:
- This applies only to new memberships subscriptions of the Institute of Physics and our partner organisations.
- Applicants may claim only one discount or concession at a time.
- This offer excludes undergraduate students, apprentices and trainees.
- This discount does not apply to professional registration fees.
- Applicants to either society will need to demonstrate that they meet the criteria for the category of membership for which they are applying, in accordance with the membership rules of the society.
- The 25% discount will then be applied to the relevant membership fee once the applicant has been accepted into membership.