If you are a holder of a professional registration and are professionally active, you will need to answer the CPD questions below. The questions will help you to focus on the outcomes of your learning, what you will do as a result of your learning, how your learning has benefited you and, potentially, others, and identity your next developmental opportunity.
Below is an example of the level of reflective detail that should be covered for each activity.
- What activity have you completed? I have completed a short course on the IOP’s career development hub about giving and receiving feedback.
- Why did you choose this activity? As someone who is responsible for providing feedback to others, I want to ensure my feedback is supportive and delivered in a way that the receiver positively engages with it.
- What did you learn as a result of activity? It was a reminder of the importance of striking a balance when providing feedback. A balance between positive and constructive. I made a note of the top tips mentioned in the training and will be applying these.
- How did you and others benefit from carrying out this activity? At the moment I am responsible for providing feedback to others and this has helped me to reflect on how I do this. I benefited from this short course as it has allowed me to consider my approach when providing feedback. Hopefully, those I provide feedback to will also benefit. This is something I can apply regularly.
- As a result of this activity, are your next developmental steps? Review responses received and continually refine the process. As I am constantly giving feedback, I will always be looking for resources that can help me further improve my skills.
Contact the Membership Team
If you have any questions or concerns regarding maintaining your professional registration, please email [email protected] or call 020 7470 4800